An internship with the Johnson Creek Watershed Council (JCWC) is a great way to expand existing job experience and to earn college credit on our collaborative, energetic team. Our interns help with many aspects of our work, including outreach and event planning, research, restoration work, website and IT support, and more.
Our internships give young professionals a chance to shine in the environmental nonprofit scene, developing their skills and creativity to connect the community with the watershed. After graduating, our interns go on to work with public agencies, private companies, and nonprofits! During COVID-19 these internships will partially remote and in person with COVID safety protocols in place. More details on position descriptions.
Current Internship Opportunities!
Outreach & Riparian Specialist (AmeriCorps member)
Do you have a passion for environmental restoration and environmental justice? Are you interested in serving a diverse and vibrant community? Are you looking to jump start your career and gain experience working for a non-profit? Look no further!
The Johnson Creek Watershed Council was established in 1995 by community members committed to restoring Johnson Creek, a thriving urban stream faced with many challenges. Our mission is to promote restoration and stewardship of a healthy Johnson Creek through sound science and community engagement.
We’re currently recruiting our next AmeriCorps member, who will serve one 11-month term from September 2022-July 2023. Our AmeriCorps member leads our environmental education program, conducts community outreach, supports our riparian restoration program, and much more. This is a fantastic opportunity for an early-career professional to gain wide-ranging work experience and collaborate with many amazing community partners.
- $16,502 living allowance paid over the course of the 11-month term (approx $1,500/month)
- $6,495 education award to apply to qualified student loans or education expenses
- Student loan forbearance
- Health care insurance & child care reimbursement
- Over $1000 toward professional development
- Reimbursement of work-related travel and communications expenses
- $1,300 in additional compensation
How to apply:
- Apply by Sunday, June 26th at midnight
- Read the full position description & directions
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Johnson Creek Watershed Council (instructions in the position description, above)
- Complete your AmeriCorps application (instructions in the position description, above)