- This event has passed.
Habitat Enhancement at Tideman Johnson
November 7 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Portland Parks & Recreation and the Friends of Tideman Johnson to complete important ecological enhancement projects at this little gem of a Park. Please RSVP HERE
See COVID-19 Protocol below.
Task: Native plantings, litter pick up, invasive species removal! The tasks may shift as needs change on the site.
No experience necessary! Wear long thick pants, a long-sleeved shirt and sturdy shoes. Bring a face covering, water bottle, personal snacks, rain gear, warm clothes and a sunhat. Instruction, tools, gloves provided. If you have your own gloves and gear please bring them. Children welcome, and must be accompanied by an attentive adult.
Address and detailed parking information will be shared with you after you are registered for the event.
- Volunteer events are to be kept at 10 or fewer total participants, including volunteers, PP&R staff and partner organization staff.
- Limit volunteers to pre-registration only (online or phone), and send information ahead of the event, requiring them to:
- Complete a health screening (Currently available through Multnomah County Symptom Checker at https://c19oregon.com/). If individuals or anyone in their household are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or experiencing any symptom of a contagious illness, they are required to stay home.
- Sign PP&R volunteer liability event form online in advance, to eliminate or severely limit the use of on-site sign-in materials. Accommodation for volunteers without internet access can be made.
- Bring their own gloves, tools and hand sanitizer, if possible. PP&R will provide tools and gloves when needed and when Parks staff are leading. Ensure tools aren’t being shared between volunteers or that tools are sanitized between use. Event Leader will clean and sanitize any loaned tools on site, including wiping or washing dirt off tools, and then spraying with sanitizing spray and/or wiping with disinfectant wipes. Gloves will be laundered following the event, according to CDC Guidance. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html
- Bring and wear face coverings during the entire event or whenever within 20 feet of another individual, Face coverings will be provided to volunteers who don’t bring their own.
- Abide by 6-foot physical distancing at all times, or additional distance if physical exertion results in heavy breathing.
Bring food and water needed for the duration of the event and do not share food or gather with anyone outside of their household. Pre-packaged foods and water coolers to refill water bottles may be provided at discretion of Site Leaders, using sanitizing procedures for water coolers and best practices in limiting food handling.