Michael Babbit

Date of volunteer work: 09/16/2016.
Site Name: Errol Heights.
Number of hours worked: 3.
Species removed: Clematis, nightshade.
Estimated percent cover before removal100.
Approximate square feet of invasives removed200.

I found a patch of nightshade growing out of the water and pulling down nearby shrubs. I was able to get the whole rootwad out of the water to dry out. On some other shrubs I had to just cut down the vines and strip them from the branches so they could grow upright.
I also found a small clematis patch which was reclaiming some trees. I was able to strip out the vines and cut back the stems.
Definitely signs of fall; the nettles have collapsed, leaves turning, waterfowl returning, lots of birdsong.
Also, the beaver activity continues at a high level, and the pond is getting deeper, about six inches in six months. Water flow from the headwaters has been steady all summer.
Great day, will return soon.

root3

Scroll to Top
Our Watershed Wide Event is Coming! March 2nd, 8:45-12noon
This is default text for notification bar