Michael Babbit

Date of volunteer work: 03/22/2016.
Site Name: Errol Heights.
Number of hours worked: 3.
Species removed: Clematis, nightshade.
Estimated percent cover before removal30,80.
Approximate square feet of invasives removed100,400.

Notes from my March visit. Nightshade was just leafing out and trees were bare, making it easy to spot. I mostly worked in the “island” on the south side of the middle pond. I’m not sure how long this island will last, as the water level continues to rise. I raked a lot of nightshade out of the pond so it wouldn’t continue to spread. I also pulled a lot out of small trees and shrubs, and removed the climbing path into the upper branches. I also removed a big patch of nightshade near the bridge that was overwhelming some trees there and spreading into the creek. Clematis was also leafing out and I removed a lot of small vines near the spring pond.
Lots of beaver activity continued, a cottonwood tree over two feet in daimeter was felled into the pond; I first noticed chewing on this a few weeks ago and now the job is done.

Photos By Trail Camera
Photos By Trail Camera
Photos By Trail Camera

Scroll to Top
Our Watershed Wide Event is Coming! March 2nd, 8:45-12noon
This is default text for notification bar