Sue

Date of volunteer work: 03/31/2016.
Site Name: Hayes.
Number of hours worked: 2.
Species removed: blackberry, clematis.
Estimated percent cover before removal80%clematis, 25%blackberry.
Approximate square feet of invasives removed40%clematis, 10%blackberry.

I decided to focus on the same area where I’d left off a couple of weeks ago. Pulled clematis, cut as much as possible to prevent further growth into natives. There are some pretty major stumps that I’ll dig out later but right now focusing on getting native plants more light and upright. Did more of the same with the blackberry and cleared enough to be able to get to the creek. Although I didn’t want to, I left some of the thicker blackberry canes on the cleared path to the creek to deter anyone from camping. It’s a pretty cozy looking spot. It was a beautiful morning!

before – note slender saplings being pulled downward
after – now they are upright
Scroll to Top
Our Watershed Wide Event is Coming! March 2nd, 8:45-12noon
This is default text for notification bar