Do you have a passion for environmental restoration and environmental justice? Are you interested in serving a diverse and vibrant community? Are you looking to jump start your career and gain experience working for a non-profit? Look no further!
The Johnson Creek Watershed Council was established in 1995 by community members committed to restoring Johnson Creek, a thriving urban stream faced with many challenges. Our mission is to promote restoration and stewardship of a healthy Johnson Creek through sound science and community engagement.
We’re currently recruiting our next AmeriCorps member, who will serve one 11-month term from September 2023-July 2024. Our AmeriCorps member leads our environmental education program, conducts community outreach, supports our riparian restoration program, and much more. This is a fantastic opportunity for an early-career professional to gain wide-ranging work experience and collaborate with many amazing community partners.
- $$18,300 living allowance paid over the course of the 11-month term (approx $1,660/month)
- $6,895 Segal Education Award to apply to qualified student loans or education expenses
- Student loan forbearance
- Health care insurance & child care reimbursement
- Over $1000 toward professional development
- Reimbursement of work-related travel and communications expenses (internet connection, cell phone, up to $100/month)
- $1,300 in additional compensation
- Professional Leadership Certificate, Trainings and Networking opportunities.
How to apply:
- Apply by Sunday, June 25th at midnight
- Read the full position description & directions
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Johnson Creek Watershed Council (instructions in the position description, above)