After six years with the Council, I have accepted a new position as the Development Director for the Corvallis Environmental Center. I have learned and grown so much through my time with JCWC. I have made awesome new friends, mentors and allies that have helped me along the way and I am so grateful for their support and love. These have been some of the best years of my life and I wish nothing but the best success for JCWC in its future.
A few highlights of my journey at JCWC:
- Johnson Creek Charity Golf Classic
- I wanted the Council to reach new audiences, businesses and landowners. This event was a way to accomplish those goals – plus I love to play golf.
- Johnson Creek Days
- A group of six volunteers planned, promoted and hosted our series of recreational activities we call Johnson Creek Days for three years in a row. They were loyal to the project, smart and a lot of fun to work with.
- Johnson Creek Celebration
- The Johnson Creek Celebration had traditionally been a luncheon. Moving it to the evening has allowed the event audience to grow, the content to change and additional funds to be raised. This year’s event raised $23,000 – more funds that ever before.
- Volunteer Restoration Events
- After adding it all up – I’m proud to say I’ve been to over 150 volunteer restoration events. I love the work and the people. What great exercise! Thank you to the small yet mighty crew who have been coming to these events with me through the years.
- Internship Program
- I had my first intern in 2010. Since then the Council has had 77 interns. These volunteers in the offiec have helped me expand the Council’s capacity in outreach, communications, volunteer management, event planning and fundraising. I know the Council will continue the program I’ve started and I look forward to learning more about where it will go next.
I will always have a passion for service and hope to continue visiting Johnson Creek and attending the occasional restoration work party. Thank you!
Amy Lodholz – Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator 2009-2015